- Remove the bandage after 2-4 hours. Gently wash your tattoo with warm water and a mild antibacterial soap. We recommend using orange, liquid Dial. Wash your tattoo with your fingertips and the soap until all the ointment and plasma have been removed. Softly pat your tattoo dry with a clean towel and allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
- If it is later in the evening when you get your brand new tattoo, then you can keep the bandage on overnight. This can also help to prevent getting plasma and ink stains on your bedsheets. If you choose to sleep with your bandage on overnight, then remove your bandage in the morning and proceed with the first step of the aftercare.
- For the next several weeks, when the tattoo feels very dry and/or tight, apply a thin layer of moisturizing ointment, (We recommend Coconut Oil, Hustle Butter, or Aquaphor.) up to 2-3 times a day. Make sure to gently wash your tattoo, with antibacterial soap, in between each application.
- Always make sure your hands are clean before touching your tattoo while it is healing.
- The normal healing time is 2-4 weeks
- Keep your tattoo out of direct sunlight while it is healing
- Avoid tanning beds while it is healing
- Do not submerge your tattoo underwater while it is healing. This includes: Hot tubs, swimming pools, lakes, etc.
- After your tattoo is healed, always use sunblock (30+SPF) while in the sun or tanning, and remember to frequently moisturize your skin with lotion. It will help keep your colors fresh.